Technical support This forum is closed.
Version 1.x > Technical support > Permissions for copying/moving nodes View modes: 
janusz - 9/8/2005 3:27:51 PM

Permissions for copying/moving nodes
Hello!

I do not understand this situation>

I have set up a role for CMS Editors, which cannot access administrator's sections. They also cannot delete certain document types in the content tree. That's why the CMS Editors role has only Read permission for CMS Content. Other permissions are added on the document type level. For e.g. for Folder document type - they have all permissions but for some others Delete permission is missing.

Under this configuration everything works well so far.

Except, the CMS Editors are not able to copy or cut nodes - even though they have Create and Delete rights set on these document types. (And the new and delete document function works well for them)

I can set a CMS Content Create permission for CMS Editors and then it works fine - is it correct behaviour? If so, why is that?

Janusz

admin - 9/10/2005 8:11:12 AM

Re: Permissions for copying/moving nodes
Hi Janusz,

it works like this in the current version:

1) Copying
You need the READ permission for the source document and you need the CREATE permission for the target (parent) document. This works well if you're using document-level security, however, it seems to be rather inconsistent if you're using document-type permissions. You're right, the permissions should be checked based on the type of the node being copied, not based on the target (parent) node in this case.

2) Moving
You need the MODIFY permission for the source document and you need the CREATE permission for the target (parent) document. Unfortunately, the problem is same here as with (1).

I'm very sorry for this inconsistency. We will fix it in version 1.7a that should be (finally) available on Monday.

Best Regards,