Technical support This forum is closed.
Version 1.x > Technical support > CMSMenu Trace Error in 1.7 (Multiple controls with the same ID) View modes: 
ta5ae - 8/24/2005 9:36:20 AM

CMSMenu Trace Error in 1.7 (Multiple controls with the same ID)
I upgraded to 1.7 and happened to have Trace set to true in a page in my c# deployment of the CMS using the CMSMenu control. I found that this generated an error similar to that found below.

Multiple controls with the same ID 'CMSMenu1' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.

With trace set to false the page is fine, initially I tried renaming any similar IDs I had and I even replicated this error by changing the setting on the controls example from the boiler plate Corporate example deployment and the same issue occurred.

For further error message information see below:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID 'CMSMenu1' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'CMSMenu1' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.]
System.Web.TraceContext.AddNewControl(String id, String parentId, String type, Int32 viewStateSize) +312
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +201
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +263
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +263
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1683

Tessa

admin - 8/26/2005 11:23:36 AM

Re: CMSMenu Trace Error in 1.7 (Multiple controls with the same ID)
Hi Tessa,

do you use several CMSMenu controls on that page?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ta5ae - 8/26/2005 12:01:01 PM

No I am only using one CMSMenu control on that page (and project). I have replicated this error from the Corporate - Control Examples page. So I don't think it is anything specific to my configuration.

I have also tried with and without the CMSMenuScriptPath configuration setting too.

NB: The control is including via a user control if this has any bearing on the issue.

I also testing all other controls with Trace on from the CorporateCMS/ControlsExamples and this problem only affected the CMSMenu.

Tessa

admin - 8/26/2005 10:28:04 PM

Thank you. We will try to fix this in version 1.7 (scheduled for the next week).

Best Regards,

admin - 8/31/2005 7:11:54 PM

Well, we have fixed this issue in version 1.7a that should be available this Friday.

Best Regards,