Technical support This forum is closed.
Version 1.x > Technical support > Newsletter Control does not log the entered email address in SQL db. View modes: 
eric - 10/29/2005 12:02:12 PM

Newsletter Control does not log the entered email address in SQL db.
I want to use the Newsletter control dialog as demo-ed in the corporate site demo - however the submitted email address is not added to the SQL subscribers table, as I would expect.
I get the a confirmation email, that allows me to unsubscribe as well, which is perfect. But the ID number of the submitted email address does not exist.

Do I need to write my own code-behind to add the submitted email address to the SQL table Newsletter_Subscriber? The tool registration works OK.

I think I overlook something. Please advice.
Tks, -Eric

admin - 10/30/2005 10:31:19 AM

Re: Newsletter Control does not log the entered email address in SQL db.
Hi Eric,

The newsletter subscription control should create the subscription without any additional code. Could you please send me the code that defines the newsletter subscription control in your ASPX page (and if you access it in the code behind, then also the code behind)? My e-mail is petr.palas@kentico.com.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

eric - 10/30/2005 10:36:54 PM

Hi Petr,
I tried the sample KenticoCMS application, that has the Newsletter dialog on the homepage, right under news. I then entered my email address and clicked Submit.
Hope this helps.
-Eric

admin - 10/31/2005 11:45:45 AM

Hi Eric,

we tried to reproduce this error, but it worked on our machine. Could you please try this:

1) Use the newsletter subscription box on the sample web site to sign up for newsletter. See if you get any error.

2) Go to the CMSDesk -> Tools -> CMS Newsletter and see if the new subscriber is listed here.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

eric - 11/1/2005 6:52:02 PM

Yes, it works as you described.
The new entries were displayed with the Newsletter Tool.
I also found the new entries in the SQL table after I opened the Tools/Newsletter application.

Tks for clearing this up. -Eric