Kentico CMS 7 is now available in Windows web application gallery and Windows Azure websites!
Kentico CMS is available through many different channels including Windows web application gallery and Windows Azure websites gallery. A few weeks ago, Kentico CMS version 7 appeared in both of them. Let’s take a look at how you can easily install Kentico CMS using one of these two options.
Windows web application gallery
First, let’s install Kentico CMS from Windows web application gallery
1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/kentico.aspx
and click on Install.
2. On the next page, click the Install now
3. A small file will be downloaded into your computer. Launch this file, it opens Web Platform Installer prepared to install Kentico CMS. Click the Install
4. Web Platform Installer detects and installs all prerequisites automatically for you. You just need to click the Accept
5. Wait until the Web Platform installer installs all you need.
6. Now click the Finish
7. Web platform installer starts WebMatrix and also a Kentico CMS website in a web browser.
8. The final step before the actual use of the website is Kentico CMS database installer. During the installation, you will see the following window.