A new online marketing course for developers
We have just released a new e-learning course named Kentico Xperience 13 online marketing for developers. The course explains various marketing concepts and features of Kentico Xperience to solution architects and developers. After completing the course, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to implement online marketing features in your projects.
Kentico Xperience 13 comes with a large set of online marketing features ready to be used out of the box. At the same time, we realize that each website is entirely different. Our goal is to make Kentico Xperience 13 capable of meeting any unique project's requirements.
Many of the built-in features are fully customizable through code, bringing an unparalleled level of flexibility.
The new course helps solution architects and developers understand Kentico Xperience's online marketing capabilities, and brings hands-on exercises to create a working solution. The course builds upon the knowledge gained in the Kentico Xperience 13 for developers course, and also uses the same Medio Clinic sample site for exercises.
You don't have to worry about any exhaustive explanation of all online marketing features within Kentico Xperience 13. The course's main focus is on those that require implementation or customization. The course explains all implemented features in context and links to the documentation.
The course sees the marketing features from the solution architect's and developer's perspective. If you want to start learning from the marketers' perspective, you can first take the Kentico Xperience 13 for marketers and editors course.
Right now, we're releasing the initial module of the new course. Together with two optional modules released later this year, the course will consist of the following three modules:
- Contact management
- Email marketing
After completing the initial Contact management module, you'll be able to:
- Understand the principles and architecture of the online marketing features in Kentico Xperience 13
- Configure consents that visitors can agree to and revoke
- Bind consents to cookies
- Implement cookies in the live site
- Deploy only cookies to visitors' devices that visitors consented to
- Create a Privacy page that allows visitors to agree to and revoke their consents
- Track visitors as contacts
- Create custom contact fields
- Feed the custom contact fields with data from your online forms
- Implement the "right to be informed" GDPR right in your website
- Implement the "right to be forgotten" right
- Implement custom contact activity types to understand the visitors' journeys better
This module requires you to have the whole Kentico Xperience 13 for developers course completed before you start, including its optional Builders and Identity modules. In case you haven't finished your Medio Clinic sample site before starting the new course, we provide you with a dedicated branch of our GitHub repository that serves as your starting point. Therefore, you don't have to worry about not having the sample site intact.
Personalization (coming 22H2)
This module builds upon the outcome of the Contact management module. After completing the future Personalization module, you'll be able to:
- Develop a personalization condition
- Design rules that automatically assign personas to contacts
- Develop a macro rule for automatic inclusion to a contact group
- Personalize landing pages for personas or contact groups
- Design an A/B test
- Develop a custom conversion rule for A/B tests
We aim to release the module in the second half of 2022. We'll also provide you with a starting point branch, just in case something goes wrong in your implementation or you have to delete your working project before you start with the new module.
Email marketing (coming 22H2)
This module also depends on the initial module. After completing the Email marketing module, you'll be able to:
- Design an email template
- Implement email widgets
- Implement newsletter subscription and refusal
- Develop a custom macro rule for the Marketing automation feature
- Implement a custom marketing automation step
This module will also be released later this year. It won't depend on the Personalization module so you'll also be able to either start from the result of the Contact management module or checkout the starting point branch.
Let us know how you liked it!
We hope you'll enjoy our new course, and we're sure you'll shine. If you have any questions or suggestions about it, feel free to reach out to us via email@example.com. Happy learning!