The following example demonstrates how the system logs activities for anonymous and registered users. You can try out the example on the sample Corporate site.
1. Visit the live website as an anonymous visitor and perform some actions, for example view the Home page and vote in the poll.
2. Sign in to CMS Desk as an administrator and navigate to On-line marketing -> Contacts.
oThe system has created an anonymous contact.
New Anonymous contact created for the public visitor
3. Edit () the new contact and switch to the Activities tab.
oYou can see that the system logged the Home page visit and the poll voting activity.
Viewing the contact's activity log
4. Sign out from CMS Desk to view the live site as an anonymous visitor again.
5. Go to the My account page and sign up as a new user, for example Peter Chelmsford.
6. Perform actions like in Step 1, i.e. view the Home page and vote in the poll.
If you view the list of contacts in the administration interface, you can see that system has renamed original anonymous contact according to the entered registration data. Editing () the contact and opening the Activities tab allows you to view the updated activity log for the new user.
Activity log showing the registration of a new user