Problems with e-mails
If you are not correctly receiving newsletter e-mails, please check the following:
1. The newsletter issues are sent out using a scheduled task that is executed every 1 minute by default. You may need to wait for up to 2 minutes before you receive newsletter issue e-mail. The scheduled task status can be checked at CMS Desk -> Administration -> Scheduled tasks.
2. Go to CMS Desk -> Tools -> Newsletter -> Newsletter queue. If some e-mail failed, you will find the error message here. After you resolve the technical issue, you can resend all failed e-mails by clicking Resend all failed.
3. If your newsletters are configured to use the e-mail queue, go to CMS Site Manager -> Administration -> E-mail queue. Any e-mails lost due to errors can be monitored and resent here.
4. Make sure you're using correct e-mail addresses.
5. Make sure the newsletter issues aren't being blocked by some anti-spam software.
6. Go to Site Manager -> Settings -> E-mails and make sure your SMTP server is configured correctly You can find some additional details on SMTP server configuration in the SMTP server configuration topic. You can also test e-mail settings at Site Manager -> Administration -> System -> E-mail.
7. Newsletter e-mail debugging might be helpful when solving problems with newsletter e-mails. To enable it, add the following keys to the web.config file of your web project:
<add key="CMSLogEmails" value="true"/>
<add key="CMSDebugEmails" value="true"/>
The first key enables logging of all sent e-mails to <web root>/AppData/logemails.log. The second key ensures that all sent e-mails are logged, but not actually sent. This is helpful when you need to test the functionality but do not want the testing e-mails to actually be sent.
Problems with unsubscription links
If you encounter problems with unsubscription link resolving, you should check that the Base URL property of the newsletter is set. This property can be set at CMS Desk -> Tools -> Newsletter, choose to Edit () the newsletter and switch to its Configuration tab.
Problems with role subscribers
If you have a user role set as a subscriber for your newsletter, it is highly recommended to send the newsletter issues via the e-mail queue in order for the issues to be successfully sent to all members of the role. To set the newsletter to use the newsletter queue, go to CMS Desk -> Tools -> Newsletter, choose to Edit () your newsletter, switch to its Configuration tab and enable the Send issues via e-mail queue property.