Searching in Microsoft Office 2007/2010 documents is not supported in Kentico CMS by default. To enable it, you need to install and configure Microsoft Filter Pack IFilters on your machine. Please note that Microsoft Filter Pack is not a product of Kentico Software and we cannot guarantee its functionality.
The following procedure needs to be completed to enable searching in the desired file types:
1. Download the Microsoft Filter Pack installer that matches the architecture of your operating system from the Microsoft website:
2. Run the installer and follow the instructions.
3. After you finish the installation, start SQL Server Management Studio, select the instance that contains your Kentico CMS database and run the following command in that instance:
sp_fulltext_service 'load_os_resources', 1
This allows the server to load the IFilter libraries.
4. Check whether the IFilters are registered with the server. Type and execute the following in a new query window:
SELECT * from sys.fulltext_document_types
You should see a list of installed filters on the Results tab of the output window. Verify that the list contains entries for all desired file extensions with a correct path set.
5. Restart the SQL Server service. Once this is done, Rebuild the full-text search catalog that you created for Kentico CMS. Now you should be able to search Office 2007/2010 files.