Here you will learn how to create a new poll and publish it on a page on your website. Please note that you will have to have the Corporate Site sample website installed in order to follow these steps.
1. First of all you will need to create a new poll. Go to CMS Desk -> Tools -> Polls and click the New poll link.
2. Enter the following information for the new poll.
|•||Display name: Services poll|
|•||Code name: ServicesPoll|
|•||Title: Services poll|
|•||Question: Do you like our services?|
Click OK to save the changes. If you switch back to the CMS Desk -> Tools -> Polls tab, the poll you have just created will be displayed in the list.
3. Now you need to define some answers for your new poll. In the Poll properties dialog, switch to the Answers tab and click the New answer link. Enter Yes, I do. into the Text text box and click OK.
To make the answer available on the live site, check the Enabled check box. Besides, you can also enter the initial value for votes. For the purpose of this example, enter 7. Click OK to save the changes.
Repeat this step entering No, I don't. as an alternative answer and 3 as its initial value for votes. Optionally you can define more answers for your poll.
4. Now you are ready to publish your new poll on the website. Go to CMS Desk -> Content -> Corporate Site -> Services and switch to the Design tab. Click Add web part () in the zoneLeft web part zone
and in the Select web part dialog choose the Polls\Poll web part.
5. In the Web part properties dialog, make sure Services poll is selected as Poll name and click OK. Please note that in this dialog you can also configure some additional settings of the poll that are described in the Kentico CMS Web Parts reference.
Congratulations, you have just learned how to add a new poll to your website.
You can also add a poll to you web page using the WYSIWYG editor as described in the Publishing polls topic. However, this option gives you fewer possibilities of further adjustment of your poll.