Kentico CMS does not support searching in Microsoft Office Open XML files by default (documents created in Office 2007 or newer — .docx, .xlsx, .pptx etc.). To enable search in these files, you need to install and configure Microsoft Filter Pack IFilters on your machine.
Note: Microsoft Filter Pack is not a product of Kentico Software and we cannot guarantee its functionality.
Perform the following steps to enable searching in Microsoft Office Open XML files:
1. Download the Microsoft Filter Pack installer that matches the architecture of your operating system from the Microsoft website:
•Microsoft Office 2007 Filter Pack
•Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack
2. Run the installer and follow the instructions.
3. After you finish the installation, start SQL Server Management Studio, access your Kentico CMS database and run the following command in that instance:
sp_fulltext_service 'load_os_resources', 1
This allows the server to load the IFilter libraries.
4. Check whether the IFilters are registered with the server. Type and execute the following in a new query window:
SELECT * from sys.fulltext_document_types
You should see a list of supported file types that have filters installed. Verify that the list contains entries for all desired file extensions.
5. Restart the SQL Server service.
6. Rebuild the full-text search catalog that you created for Kentico CMS.
You can now search for Microsoft Office Open XML files stored in the database.