Angular and cmsapi Dashboard issues

Aaron Fickes asked on May 11, 2016 02:31

After upgrading from 8.2 to 9, the dashboard tiles do not show on the dashboard. The following link contains the exact error:

  • /cmsapi/tile/get/default.aspx - > 404
  • SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input.

https://gyazo.com/e05562658848b619550f5ad544aef968

Things tried:

  • Clear Browser Cache (clear cache hard reload in chrome)
  • Cleared Kentico memory, cache, restarted app
  • Added <runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> to the web.config
  • Reverted and re-upgraded

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Recent Answers


Chetan Sharma answered on May 11, 2016 09:58

Did you check the event logs to see if the migration was successfully completed?

You should see two entries in the events logs. Something like "Upgrade started" & "Upgrade completed".

This will make sure first of all that your upgrade happened error free.

Thanks, Chetan

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Aaron Fickes answered on May 11, 2016 18:22

Thanks for the feedback Chetan.

We reverted back to 8.2, re-upgraded to v9, did the whole clear cache process. We got a "FINISHED" when reviewing the Event Log. However, we are still experiencing the same cmsapi 404 error with a blank dashboard.

We did notice another error in the Event Log attempting to access a missing /CMSWebParts/Viewers/Effects/lightbox.ascx (which I believe is removed in v9). We added that file from v8.2, which made no real difference, and will adjust our webparts to the kentico blog post for it.

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Chris Isom answered on June 1, 2016 00:02

Hi Chetan,

I am working with Aaron on trying to solve this issue. Do you have any additional ideas?

Thanks, Chris

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

javier saenz answered on August 16, 2016 23:10

Hi, I was wondering if you solved the issue, because I am having the same,

Thanks, Javier

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

Aaron Fickes answered on August 16, 2016 23:17

After a few more attempts at upgrading, we found that some of our URL re-writes/re-directs in the web.config were conflicting with Kentico. Backup your web.config, then replace it with a web.config from a fresh Kentico install (with your DB connectionString updated)

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

javier saenz answered on August 16, 2016 23:34

I'm glad to hear that fixed your problem, but it's not working for me, anyway thanks for the answer

0 votesVote for this answer Mark as a Correct answer

   Please, sign in to be able to submit a new answer.