ASPX templates
Version 3.x > ASPX templates > Adding a web part broke the site... View modes: 
neil-fourmangos - 5/12/2009 10:15:53 AM

Adding a web part broke the site...
Hi - okay now that I have your attention...

I'm fairly certain that when we started to build out this site, we started in visual studio and did not leverage an existing set of templates.

I added a web part to one of the sites we have and this is the error that ensued:

[Error loading the layout 'Layout']
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f67af8a1\75cf0d5\App_Web_lssprogramgallery.ascx.a7a6ea75.cw-yt-kj.0.cs(191): error CS0012: The type 'Global' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'App_Code.6odxllgi, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Thoughts? This looks fairly easy to fix...just really serious. Any ideas?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 5/18/2009 7:57:36 AM

RE:Adding a web part broke the site...
Hi,

Could you please try to delete the .Net cache (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\)? It seems that there is some inconsistence.

Best Regards,
Juraj Ondrus

lalves - 5/21/2010 8:55:50 AM

Hi,
I'm getting the same problem, many times.
Don't no why, but, the web site is crashing constantly one time every week.
After delete the .Net cache as described, everything back working again without any problems.

Any ideas?

[Error loading the layout 'Layout']
c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7bac0321\b80ea36e\App_Web_toplogoandmenu.ascx.eb357505.5lnrrmro.0.cs(182): error CS0012: The type 'Global' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'App_Code.gzc9hrsr, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 5/25/2010 3:45:00 AM

Hi,

could you please see this forum thread? http://devnet.kentico.com/Forums.aspx?forumid=16&threadid=3935 I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova