Threads and posts can be managed on the Posts tab when editing the forum that contains them.
When you navigate to the tab, you can initially see the New thread page, letting you add a new thread to the current forum group. The following details need to be filled in:
•User name: user name which will be used for the thread author
•E-mail: e-mail of the thread author
•Subject: subject of the initial post of the thread
•Post: text of the initial post of the thread
•Signature: signature under the initial post
•Subscribe to post: if enabled, notification e-mails about new posts in the thread will be sent to the e-mail address specified in the E-mail field
If you select a post from the tree on the left, you can perform the following actions:
• Edit - opens the post for editing - you can edit the post text, user's name, signature, etc.
• Delete - deletes the post
• Reply - opens a dialog using which you can send a reply to the post
• Stick thread - sticks this thread so that it will be displayed at the beginning of the forum
• Split thread - moves the post and its replies to a new thread
• Lock thread - locks the thread so that no more posts can be added to it
• Reject - rejects the post so that it is not displayed and needs approval to be displayed
• Reject sub-tree - performs the Reject action for the current posts and all its children
• Move - moves a thread to a new forum
In case that there are too many threads in the forum, you can limit the number of displayed threads using the Max forum post nodes settings key in Site Manager -> Settings -> Community -> Forums. If you use this key and there are more threads in the forum than the set value, the Click here for more... link is displayed at the bottom of the tree. After clicking this link, the Forum post listing page is displayed in the main area.
The Forum posts listing page initially displays all threads in the forum, while the following actions can be performed:
• View - displays the thread's initial post in the main area (this action is identical to clicking the post in the tree)
• Delete - deletes the whole thread including all child posts
• Sub-posts - displays sub-posts of the post in the grid in the main area
• Parent post - displays a list of sub-posts of the parent post in the main area (goes up one level)