Let's stay connected
We've redesigned the user's profile page and made it accessible from every place on DevNet.
We're all equal
In the past, only Kentico staff had the option of filling out the "Social" part of their profile, and what's more, only their profiles were actually browsable on the site. We thought that it was a pity and wanted to give all users a chance to present themselves. So we decided to make the profile page universal and let everybody share information about themselves, including Twitter, Facebook and other IDs. Because DevNet is mainly a base meeting point for developers, we've also added Stack Overflow and GitHub.
Profiles are now accessible from both the Articles and Q&A sections. And this is how it looks:
To adjust your profile, just go to http://devnet.kentico.com/user-profile and fill in the "Social" section.
5 reasons to complete your profile
- It looks nice. You get all the fancy icons!
- Others can reach out to you and say "thanks" for answering their question
- Or perhaps offer you a new interesting project
- You can get new followers on Twitter or attract contributors to your GitHub projects
- And maybe, one day, it'll help you to win a competition :)
Let us know in the comments below whether you like the change and what else we can do to make DevNet better.