Adding Kentico CMS Controls to the Toolbox
Kentico Controls are a powerful way to extend and add new
features to your application. They are standard ASP.Net 2.0 server controls
that can be used in either Visual Studio 2005 or 2008. In this post we will
look at how the Kentico CMS 4.1 controls can be added to the Visual Studio 2008
1. Open the Kentico CMS Web Project and within the Visual Studio toolbox right click and choose add tab
2. Enter the name of the new tab for the controls
Note: You can name the tab anything you would like. I went with Kentico CMS
3. Select Choose items from the menu
4. Select Browse from the Choose Items Dialog
5. Select the CMS.Controls.dll library that is located in the /bin folder under the Kentico CMS Web Project.
6. Choose OK to add the tools to the Toolbox
7. The tools are added to your toolbox
Note: If they appeared grayed out then select the design surface of any page.